Welcome to the Endless World of everything Japanese...and more XD

Monday, March 15, 2010

窪田ミナ(Kubota Mina) - Moment



Most of you probably havn't heard of Kubota Mina. In fact, I would say around 95% of you wouldn't know her.

Coz I was one of the 95% of you who didn't know her, until I got hold of this album - "Moment".

And then I'm craving for her second album, which I don't think has yet been released. Plus I'm not sure whether it will really be released at all...

As you probably gathered from the album photo, she is a pianist. But the music you get in this album is not only piano, but a combination of different instruments as well as vocals for some. And they are the type of music that makes you relax and soothes your mind.

Yes - "healing" type of music - like that in the animation Aria, if you know what I mean :)

The thing that outstands her album from any other piano albums is not purely with her technique, instead how the harmony with other instruments or sound effects. It all seems to fit so well together as a piece of art.

For you to preview I'll upload partial section of 3 songs here:
03. Undine
05. The World Around Us
11. Fragile

pw:
endlessw.blogspot.com

Amazon link for CD:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/モーメント-窪田ミナ/dp/B0010B8E6A

And for those of you who likes to know Kubota Mina a bit more, here are some wiki reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mina_Kubota
(click on the bottom left for Japanese - you'll get heaps more if you can read some Japanese XD)

No comments:

Post a Comment